Tabitha Potts Digital consultant and writer Download PDF CV I am currently working on a novel and work as a Marketing Director for the wonderful Storgy Magazine helping to crowdfund and launch their first print anthology. In 2017 I won the Almasi League Micro-Fiction Award and was longlisted for the Myriad Editions First Draft Award. Previously, I was Digital Manager for Education Support Partnership, a charity that helps people working in education. My role included digital marketing, analysing and reporting on digital activities, web project management, web content updates and social media management/reporting. I also project managed the rebranding and design of their new website. Previous to my position at Education Support Partnership, I worked for conservation charity Blue Ventures in a similar role. For six years, I ran award-winning ecommerce business Mimimyne as director, selling eco-friendly, designer, organic kids clothes and toys. Mimimyne was featured in several publications including Hello! online, Daisy Bridgewater's column in the Saturday Telegraph, the Sunday Times and the Express. Background and credits in television and radio production as a researcher, script editor and producer. Co-authored "Bringing up Baby: A New Mother's Companion"with Daisy Goodwin for Hodder and Stoughton and worked as a researcher on many of her best-selling poetry anthologies for HarperCollins. My short story, The Djinn, was published by Limehouse Books in their anthology 33 East.
Marketing Director2017Storgy Magazine Marketing Director at Storgy Magazine
Digital Manager2014 - 2016Education Support Partnership [singlestroke_side_background image="569"][/singlestroke_side_background] My role involved creating Newsletters, Drupal website maintenance and web change requests, creating digital resources such as web banners etc, digital awareness campaigns (PPC and organic), social media management and content planning, Adwords and Analytics. Accomplishments
- Project managed upgrade, redesign and content merging of three main websites for major rebrand, working with external agency
- Rebranded and merged all social media accounts and improved social media presence
- Helped #NotQuittingTeaching campaign to trend on Twitter (over a million views)
- Doubled website traffic over a two year period
- Doubled average open rate for Enewsletters
- Obtained Google Grants $40K, quadrupling their advertising budget
Digital Media Manager2012 - 2013 Blue Ventures (environmental charity)[caption id="attachment_553" align="alignnone" width="300"] Blue Ventures website post relaunch in 2014[/caption] [singlestroke_side_background image="553"][/singlestroke_side_background] Digital Manager for award winning marine conservation charity Blue Ventures. Accomplishments
- Project managed upgrade and redesign of main website with a team of developers
- Managed Salesforce integration with Formassembly and web to lead forms on site
- Improved design and increased traffic to all other sites
Founder2008 - 2013Mimimyne [caption id="attachment_570" align="alignnone" width="300"] Mimimyne in 2012[/caption] [singlestroke_side_background image="570"][/singlestroke_side_background] Director of own award winning online eco store Accomplishments
- Winner of Theo Paphitis Small Business Sunday Award 2011
- Winner of Greenest Trader 2011 Award NMTF
- Built up immense retail and internet marketing experience
- Chosen as a ‘Sage Business Expert’
Part Time ESOL Teacher 2008- 2012Tower Hamlets Parents CentreQualified CELTA and PTLLS teacher running ESOL course Accomplishments
- Developed full ESOL curriculum for 90 Entry 1, 2 and 3 students
- Organised transition to becoming an Accredited ESOL Exam Centre
Web Content Editor 2005 - 2012Silver River productions (TV company)Accomplishments
- Worked with web designer to create and edit visual and written content using HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and later Wordpress
- Helped set up and design and social media accounts
Web manager2005 - 2012 Daisy Goodwin's personal website [singlestroke_side_background image="572"][/singlestroke_side_background]
- Updated content and helped set up and run social media accounts for author Daisy Goodwin
Social Media campaign manager 2011Mammoth Screen TV ProductionsAccomplishments
- Created successful social media campaign for a BBC Drama Pilot
- Acquired nearly 1000 Facebook fans in one month through a combination of advertising , word of mouth and blog outreach
Freelance Researcher2007 - 2000Daisy Goodwin (Harper Collins, Hodder and Stoughton)[singlestroke_side_background image="573"][/singlestroke_side_background]Accomplishments
- Researched and co-wrote Bringing Up Baby: The New Mother's Handbook for Hodder and Stoughton [caption id="attachment_573" align="alignnone" width="106"] 101 Poems to keep you sane[/caption]
- Researcher for the following best selling anthologies for Harper Collins: Essential Poems for Children, 101 Poems to Last a Lifetime,101 Poems To Keep You Sane, 101 Poems To Help You Understand Men (And Women), 101 Poems To Get You Through the Night, 101 Poems That Could Save Your Life, Essential Poems for the way we live now for Harper Collins
- One poem by me, All Tears, was published in 101 Poems to keep you sane, and another, Dunravin', in Essential Poems for the way we live now.
Fixer/ researcher 2000The Lonely Planet Guide to California (Pilot TV Productions)Accomplishments
- Researched documentary subjects/ locations for producer Lucy Cooke
- Credits as researcher on 6 x 30 minute series for BBC2, The Lipstick Years, a documentary series about women's roles in society.
Producer1999BBC Radio DramaBi-media attachment to BBC Radio Drama Accomplishments
- Script edited six weeks and produced one weeks worth of a daily 15' drama series, Under One Roof (based on a popular column by Michele Hanson) for Radio Four.
- Produced one 30' drama, Promenaders, for Radio Three.
- Produced one 60' drama, A Shilling for Candles, for Radio Four.
Script Editor1998BBC Television Drama SerialsScript Editor. Researching fiction and general development for drama.
Researcher and Producer1998BBC Radio Drama[embed]https://soundcloud.com/brian-sibley/the-scythe-ray-bradburys-tales-of-the-bizarre[/embed] Accomplishments
- Producer of The Scythe (30' drama) with John Guerrasio and Bryony Glassco
- Dying for Love (15' short story)
- Marriage (15' short story)
- Winter Stories, a season of four 15' short stories read by Windsor Davies, Jane Lapotaire, Niamh Cusack and David Horovitch.
Script editor1996BBC TV EducationFreelance script editor on 24 episode educational office soap, Twelve Steps to Better Management: The Drama (BBC Learning Zone)
Script Editor1995BBC TV Scene (Education)Script Editor on A Man of Letters by Tim Firth (BBC2) and Acquisitions researcher (researching films for screening as part of Scene season).
Reader and trainee script editor1995 - 1994BBC TV Drama Series and SerialsAccomplishments
- Credits on Rich Deceiver directed by Gurinder Chadha.
English Language and Literature 1989 -1991Oxford University (Corpus Christi College)BA Hons: First Class
Westminster School1986 - 1988A LevelsEnglish, Art, Latin, History
HTMLVery experienced in working with HTML
CSSSome experience of working with CSS
WritingExperienced writer, worked on several books and anthologies
EditingExtremely accurate content editor
Digital Marketing10+ years experience of digital marketing
Joomla2+ years experience in using Joomla (editing, updating, management)
Drupal2+ years experience in Drupal (editing, updating, management)
Social MediaHighly competent in social media management
Photoshop Very experienced at editing images and manipulating them in Photoshop
Digital video productionSome experience of shooting and editing video for the web including BBC digital video production course
Radio productionSome experience of radio production including BBC directors course