I am currently working on a novel and have just taken up a part time position as Marketing Director for the wonderful Storgy Magazine.
Previous to this, I was Digital Manager for Education Support Partnership, a charity that helps people working in education. My role included digital marketing, analysing and reporting on digital activities, web project management, web content updates and social media management/reporting. I also project managed the rebranding and design of their new website.
Previous to my position at Education Support Partnership, I worked for conservation charity Blue Ventures in a similar role.
For six years, I ran award-winning ecommerce business Mimimyne as director, selling eco-friendly, designer, organic kids clothes and toys. Mimimyne was featured in several publications including Hello! online, Daisy Bridgewater's column in the Saturday Telegraph, the Sunday Times and the Express.
Background and credits in television and radio production as a researcher, script editor and producer.
Co-authored "Bringing up Baby: A New Mother's Companion"with Daisy Goodwin for Hodder and Stoughton and worked as a researcher on many of her best-selling poetry anthologies for HarperCollins.
My short story, The Djinn, was published by Limehouse Books in their anthology 33 East.
Marketing Director at Storgy Magazine
2014 - 2016
My role involved creating Newsletters, Drupal website maintenance and web change requests, creating digital resources such as web banners etc, digital awareness campaigns (PPC and organic), social media management and content planning, Adwords and Analytics.
- Project managed upgrade, redesign and content merging of three main websites for major rebrand, working with external agency
- Rebranded and merged all social media accounts and improved social media presence
- Helped #NotQuittingTeaching campaign to trend on Twitter (over a million views)
- Doubled website traffic over a two year period
- Doubled average open rate for Enewsletters
- Obtained Google Grants $40K, quadrupling their advertising budget
2012 - 2013
Digital Manager for award winning marine conservation charity Blue Ventures.
- Project managed upgrade and redesign of main website with a team of developers
- Managed Salesforce integration with Formassembly and web to lead forms on site
- Improved design and increased traffic to all other sites
2008 - 2013
Director of own award winning online eco store
- Winner of Theo Paphitis Small Business Sunday Award 2011
- Winner of Greenest Trader 2011 Award NMTF
- Built up immense retail and internet marketing experience
- Chosen as a ‘Sage Business Expert’
Qualified CELTA and PTLLS teacher running ESOL course
- Developed full ESOL curriculum for 90 Entry 1, 2 and 3 students
- Organised transition to becoming an Accredited ESOL Exam Centre
2005 - 2012
- Worked with web designer to create and edit visual and written content using HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and later WordPress
- Helped set up and design and social media accounts
2005 - 2012
- Updated content and helped set up and run social media accounts for author Daisy Goodwin
- Created successful social media campaign for a BBC Drama Pilot
- Acquired nearly 1000 Facebook fans in one month through a combination of advertising , word of mouth and blog outreach
2007 - 2000
- Researched and co-wrote Bringing Up Baby: The New Mother’s Handbook for Hodder and Stoughton
- Researcher for the following best selling anthologies for Harper Collins: Essential Poems for Children, 101 Poems to Last a Lifetime,101 Poems To Keep You Sane, 101 Poems To Help You Understand Men (And Women), 101 Poems To Get You Through the Night, 101 Poems That Could Save Your Life, Essential Poems for the way we live now for Harper Collins
- One poem by me, All Tears, was published in 101 Poems to keep you sane, and another, Dunravin’, in Essential Poems for the way we live now.
- Researched documentary subjects/ locations for producer Lucy Cooke
- Credits as researcher on 6 x 30 minute series for BBC2, The Lipstick Years, a documentary series about women’s roles in society.
Bi-media attachment to BBC Radio Drama
- Script edited six weeks and produced one weeks worth of a daily 15′ drama series, Under One Roof (based on a popular column by Michele Hanson) for Radio Four.
- Produced one 30′ drama, Promenaders, for Radio Three.
- Produced one 60′ drama, A Shilling for Candles, for Radio Four.
Script Editor. Researching fiction and general development for drama.
- Producer of The Scythe (30′ drama) with John Guerrasio and Bryony Glassco
- Dying for Love (15′ short story)
- Marriage (15′ short story)
- Winter Stories, a season of four 15′ short stories read by Windsor Davies, Jane Lapotaire, Niamh Cusack and David Horovitch.
Freelance script editor on 24 episode educational office soap, Twelve Steps to Better Management: The Drama (BBC Learning Zone)
Script Editor on A Man of Letters by Tim Firth (BBC2) and Acquisitions researcher (researching films for screening as part of Scene season).
1995 - 1994
- Credits on Rich Deceiver directed by Gurinder Chadha.
BA Hons: First Class
1986 - 1988
English, Art, Latin, History